1. Where do you serve and what is your role?
First Baptist Church Palestine, Texas. Youth Pastor
2. Most influential book you've read in the past two years?
The most influential book is "Jesus Focused Youth Ministry", wish I has read it years ago. Made me take a total different look at my ministry to students.
3. Who is the one person who has had the most impact on your ministry?
My wife Laurie Dishman has had the most impact on my ministry. She has been my rock from the very beginning. She is always there to listen and puts up with my craziness.
4. What I love most about youth ministry is . . .
I love being with students and I love it when you have been with a student and they accept Christ as the Lord and Savior. Then the discipleship begins.
5. If I could see anyone in concert it would be . . .
I would like to see Pam Tills
6. If I could go anywhere on vacation it would be to . . . (and why you would go there)
I would love to go to Jamaica and swim under a waterfall.
7. One thing that about me that surprises most people is . . .
One thing that surprises most people is how organized I am when I go on youth trips and mission trips. My office screams disorganization.
8. Tell us about your call to ministry
I felt called into ministry when I was 16 years old. At the time I had other plans and ran from God's calling until I was 26. I knew the whole time that I was not doing what God wanted me to do, but I thought that I wanted to be a success in my dad's company. The day I said yes was one of the best days of my life; it was like a huge rock was lifted off my back. Many days I have looked back and had regret that I did not answer at 16, but God has showed me that his timing is right.
9. What is one of your spiritual gifts and how does it impact your ministry?
Hospitality, I love having people at our house and the youth know that our door is always open anytime for them to come over.
10. Where is the best place to eat in your city?
I have to say Little Mexico.
11. If someone gave you $1,000 for your youth ministry, what would you do with it?
I would use it to take youth on a mission trip somewhere.
12. If someone gave you $1,000 what would you do with it?
I would take my family on a vacation.
13. Top 3 hobbies you have (or things you enjoy in your free time)
Spending time with my 3 kids, making leaded glass, and playing golf.
14. Favorite passage of Scripture and why?
Isaiah 40:8, I love how it says that Gods works will never fail.
15. If you could spend a day with any historical figure (not in the Bible) who would it be?
I would like to spend the day with Ronald Reagan.
16. If you could spend a day with anyone alive today who would it be?
I would like to spend the day with Craig Groeschel