Imhbao*, Mothers' Day is THE riskiest Sunday of the year for a pastor. Here are some lessons I've learned so far:
- Keep it in the fairway - no trick shots; #youwillblowit.
- Do NOT use sports analogies (as I did in #1 above).
- Speak to their hearts as opposed to their heads (Moms are smarter than the rest of us anyway and don't need How-to's).
- Stories not points. Better yet, story.
- Be positive, uplifting, encouraging - don't EVEN bring up the lady in Proverbs 31; most ladies dread the comparison.
- Preach no more than half as long as usual - it's all about brunch/lunch.
*In my humble but accurate opinion.