"I really prefer not ever having any time away from my students," said no youth minister ever!
As youth ministers and lay youth workers, we love students. But, we have a tremendous need for worship experiences, fellowship, resources and training alongside other adults who do in their own churches what we do in ours. We need time with adults who have devoted their lives to serving students. Youth Ministry Conclave provides these things and more.
Conclave will take place at the Arlington Convention Center, October 12-14, 2015.
All the details, as well as scholarship information and registration pricing, may be found at www.texasbaptists.org/conclave.
Consider the numbers:
- 150 free copies of "12 Huge Mistakes Parents Can Avoid" by Tim Elmore, will be given to one registrant from the first 150 churches to register for Conclave.
- 60+ vendors will be in the exhibit hall to assist with resources student ministers need for ministry, including camps, Bible study curriculum, missions opportunities, T-shirts, transportation, bands/artists, and more, along with a LifeWay bookstore.
- 33 break-out conference will be held dealing with all aspects of student ministry, including Bible study, evangelism, student brain development, church security/background checks, discipleship, gender development, apologetics, worship bands, etc. Please visit the website for a listing of the various conferences offered and those who are leading them.
- 5 worship services during which your youth minister doesn't need to be concerned with whether or not students are misbehaving during the sermon (since students aren't present!). Conclave preachers are Michael Evans, Pastor, Bethlehem Baptist Church, Mansfield; Ed Newton, Bible Communicator, Executive Director, the LIFT tour, Orlando; and Dennis Wiles, Senior Pastor, First Baptist Church Arlington. Our worship band is The Digital Age, Waco.
- 3 dutch-treat opportunities to share a meal with other attendees for youth ministers and youth workers who come to Conclave "on their own" or simply want to make new friends (Monday evening, Tuesday noon, Tuesday evening—we meet at the registration area).
- 2 authors: Grant Byrd, Minister with Students, First Baptist Church, McKinney; and Rusty Wheelington, Associate Professor of Christian Studies, Howard Payne University, Brownwood, who will introduce their new book for students, "Ready. Recognizing and Responding to God's Call", in a Monday evening patio party after the worship session. Bring cash, check or credit card to purchase this book (only $9.95) for each student who senses a call to vocational ministry.
- 1 very special guest, Tim Elmore, Founder and President, Growing Leaders, Norcross, GA, who will be presenting concepts from "Artificial Maturity" and "12 Huge Mistakes Parents Can Avoid" during the Leadership Tuesday component of Conclave.
Recently, a student minister from South Texas related that he never intends to miss Conclave again, for he missed it last year and "ran out of steam" before the year ended. A metroplex youth minister wrote of being "greatly blessed through the practical teachings/workshops." A student minister from far west Texas mentioned receiving "just what I needed to continue the work the Lord has called us to do."
As I travel across our great state of Texas, I meet youth ministers who tell me Conclave is the one time each year they can relax, worship, learn and connect.
Would your youth minister – and your youth ministry – benefit from such an experience? Could your church spare them for the 48 hours (Monday noon to Wednesday noon) to attend Conclave?Encourage your youth minister and your youth workers to join us in October. And, who knows? To add to the excitement, the Texas Rangers may be in the playoffs at Globe Life Park, right next door to the Convention Center!