The season of gratitude and giving is just around the corner, and the stressful question is likely beginning to linger, "What do I give my friends who family who have everything they need?"
This holiday season, Texas Baptists is offering 34 opportunities in its first-ever Missions Gift Catalog to give unique gifts to people in Texas and around the world who do not have everything they need, especially the one thing they need most—hope of eternal life.
"Why would you want to give to someone that already has a lot when you could give to someone who has so little?" said Josue Valerio, Director of Missions for Texas Baptists.
Texas Baptists Missions launched the catalog at the Annual Meeting held Nov. 8-10. It is designed to give individuals, churches and Sunday school classes opportunities to give gifts, which will make an eternal difference this holiday season or any time of the year.
Such opportunities include helping support a church start on the Texas/Mexico border, sponsoring an orphan in West Africa, giving a student a life-altering missions experience and aiding victims of natural disasters.
"These are gifts that change lives," said Valerio. "What is the greatest gift we can give to someone who already has enough? We can give a gift to someone else in their name."
Most people crave the opportunity to give and to help someone in need but do not always know how to go about it.
Marla Bearden, disaster recovery specialist for Texas Baptists, said the Missions Team felt the Missions Gift Catalog would serve as a one-stop resource for people desiring to give a gift toward a ministry that touches them personally. It would also help showcase the numerous ministries the Missions Team partners with and offers.
Additional giving opportunities through the Gift Catalog include, but are not limited to:
- Church Missions Kit for Peru, which will bring church to people who will never walk through the doors of a conventional church.
- Chairs for a retirement home in Barcelona, which will open doors for the directors and pastors to share with the families of the residents of the retirement homes
- Refugee Relief in Lebanon, which will give Lebanese Christians materials with which to aid refugees and show them Christ-centered love
- Flood Recovery in Central Texas, which will provide construction materials for rebuilding homes and will demonstrate the love of Christ to those who lost everything.
- Bibles for oil patch workers, which will introduce families in the oilfields to God's Word.
"By giving through the Missions Gift Catalog, you are partnering alongside the Texas Baptists Missions Team to share the love of Christ to those in need and supporting missions and ministries around the world," Bearden said.Find the Texas Baptists Missions Gift Catalog online at txbmissionsgiving.org. To order hard copies for yourself or to share at Thanksgiving or Christmas events, call 1 (888) 244-9400.